Salesforce Round Robin Lead Assignment *Best Practice* with RRD
Assuming you are a Salesforce Admin/ Sales Manager at your company, you want a solution to route the inbound leads to the right and the most suitable sales representatives. You are the one who has to decide who gets the next incoming lead, and hence, you need a full proof solution to your constant problem of automating the process intelligently.
Out-of-the-box Salesforce does not provide the ability to automate this process through Round Robin Algorithm. A lot of businesses today are seeking flexibility to customize and control the process of round robin lead assignment for their Salesforce orgs. You are just one read away for automating Salesforce Lead Assignment for your business.
Let us understand how Salesforce round robin lead assignment is configured and get started with automating your lead management in Salesforce
1. Assignment Groups/ Lead teams: Lead Assignment groups are a set of users in Salesforce (Sales representatives) who are put together as a team due to certain characteristics and skills they possess for lead management and associated issue resolution. Assembling and arranging the sales rep in your organization can be done based on territory managed (zip code, state, city, country, etc.), spoken language, products being handled, level of experience, priority hot leads, and much more.
Popularly used clustering approaches in other organizations leading to a path of enhanced customer service and probability of a higher conversion ratio:
- The assembly line approach (based on responsibility)
- Product based Pods
- Skills based clustering
2. Reps’ Availability: Sales representatives availability can vary based on the work shifts. With COVID, the concept of remote teams and offshore teams has kicked in and Administrators need to control the assignment given the work schedule and day offs of a sales agent. Controlling this would boost the sales throughput and optimize the pipeline thereby reducing the conversion time.
3. Load Balancing & Weighted Allocation: Workload based distribution of leads to individual reps helps control burnout and avoids leads getting stagnated into the company’s sales queue. To improve response time, the leads should be routed to the reps (without cherry-picking) in a round robin manner. With this assignment method, the capacity of workload with each rep must be handled.
4. Custom Schedule to track Assignment: The assignment can be switched on and off automatically to manage assignments for the reps that are not available for a certain duration. The leads can’t be waiting for reps to log in. This would eventually reduce the burden of manual work for the sales team leads and they would have increased hours for focusing on the actual and crucial tasks at hand.
5. Priority based Assignment: Based on the urgency of a lead to be handled and the most suitable team to process it, the priorities can help decide which team/ user/ queue should be routed the which lead. By taking this into consideration, productivity levels can be enhanced, team effectiveness and overall performance too can be boosted.
The above may not be a definitive and restricted list to follow but is definitely a starting point for addressing Salesforce Lead Assignment issues. With our Enterprise based Round Robin Distributor, we believe that any solution specific to Salesforce lead assignment automation can be addressed hence optimizing your end to end lifecycle and lead management process!
For more details on how RRD can help you and make your life easy, contact us to setup a live demo with us.