Salesforce Lead Distribution – Efficient assignment through Round Robin Distributor
Lead distribution – Lead distribution is a set of process through which all incoming leads are assigned to a skilled and qualified sales representative. The business requirement in doing so is to reach out to the prospects in limited time and putting their best representative to work.
Based on a recent Harvard study, it has been found out that if you follow up with a lead within five minutes of its generation you are 9 times more likely to convert that lead. Businesses across various industries are recommended to streamline their lead response process which can bring a 10% increase in their overall revenue. Over the years, businesses have tried to achieve quicker response time and to get their lead distribution process streamlined through various systems and software
There are multiple custom relationship management software out there that provide the functionality of lead distribution. But salesforce stands apart among them due to its flexibility and customization abilities. Salesforce not only helps the business by providing seamless integration with the current business system but also provides your business with intuitive and insight generating reporting capabilities.
Now a business can have multiple sources through which leads can be generated. It can be through web, chat, emails, events, partner portals etc. Out of the box, Salesforce provides you the ability to build Lead assignment rules to assign leads to a small team. But as you scale, salesforce lead distribution based on schedule, geographies become complex and salesforce lead assignment rules wouldn’t be able to handle such complex logic. To provide businesses the ability to go one level deeper with their salesforce lead distribution logic, we have an automated intuitive tool such as Round Robin Distributor which you can easily download from Salesforce App exchange: https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N3000000DpgwTEAR
Why is it necessary to have a Salesforce lead distribution app for your Business?
There are multiple business use cases that can’t be handled through lead assignment rules that salesforce provides out of the box. To cover those in detail, we have listed a set of functionalities round robin distributor provides below:
1. Schedule based Distribution – It’s a prominent need for a business to assign leads to a representative when he/she is available so that there should be someone to quickly reach out to the prospect or else the lead would be idle for a longer period. With Round Robin distributor, you can assign leads to your sales representatives based on their specific schedule.
In addition to schedule-based distribution RRD also provide an added functionality to assign leads to the users that are currently logged in the system. We refer them as online users – this functionality keeps a check so that the leads are assigned to only users that are currently available.
2. Geography Based Distribution – From a business perspective, it is sometimes necessary for the business to assign leads to the representatives based on the region they belong to. This means there should be a way to provide segregation between leads that are assigned to your offshore team from the leads that are assigned to your onshore team. You can also go one level deeper and segregate teams within a country based on various zip codes.
3. Skipping weekends – This is where the concept of Salesforce Queue pops. With Round robin distributors we provide you a functionality to accumulate your leads in a bucket/queue during weekends. Doing so once your team of representatives are back on Monday you can manually or through our scheduled automation can start assigning them leads in round robin fashion.
This helps the business to segregate and plan for the leads that they receive at the start of the weekend and can work around the schedule that they need to set for their individual sales representative.
4. Team criteria – To automate the business workflow, we have a concept of a team of individual sales representative. Teams provide you an opportunity to segregate your users in terms of their location, capabilities, schedule etc.
5. Relationship based criteria – Based on our past business use cases, we have seen that the past relationships can be a major factor for a company in their lead assignment. For e.g. Leads from a certain company can be assigned to the same user, it was last assigned to.
6. Open to customization – It is important for an app to be customizable based on client needs. Round robin distributor is currently constructed in such a way that any new business workflows can be accustomed. We understand that some businesses can request for a few changes in the app based on their business needs, which isn’t possible to cater to in other legacy systems, but round robin distributor takes care of such needs.
7. Reporting – With round robin distributors, you will be able to see how many leads are assigned to the representative in the past day, week, or month. You will be able to see if the sales representative followed up on the lead and what was his response time.
8. Notification to the user – It is important for your sales representative to know when a lead is assigned to him/her. Round robin distributor provides you the capability to notify your user either through a task which is created when a lead is assigned to them, or they can be notified through a mail.
This will help the sales representative to be on track and do not miss any high priority leads.
9. Reassignment of leads – Managers have the capacity to look for sales representatives that have been assigned a lead for longer duration and are still not working on that specific lead. In such cases, you can reassign the lead back to the queue so that it can again be redistributed through round robin logic.
10. Prioritization of teams – If you have multiple teams that works on similar criteria such as geography you can segregate your teams based on priority. By doing so, one set of your users would have the ability to receive the high priority leads first and once this limit is exhausted, the next set of users that are lower in priority level start receiving the leads.
11. Volume management – With round robin distributor, you can manage the volume of leads that should be assigned to your specific team in a day/week/ month. By doing this you can get a track of incoming work scheduled for your team.
To conclude, round robin distributor is a one stop solution to cater to all your inbound distribution logic. It is a must have tool for all your salesforce lead distribution needs. We are proud to say that we at Mirketa have provided solution to clients across various industries such as healthcare, education, transportation, retail, IT services etc. through our round robin distributor app.